Author Topic: Diablo III Machinima Tool discontinued  (Read 2766 times)

Malu05

• WMT Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Diablo III Machinima Tool discontinued
« on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »
Not going to update it.
The Diablo 3 dev team have a very hostile view on modifying the camera properties ingame.
And i don't want you guys to loose your Diablo 3 accounts.

warrior4444

• View Profile
Re: Diablo III Machinima Tool discontinued
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 12:41:49 AM »
u kidding aren't u?

how can the use of dmt not be a benefit for them?
it'll rather push their image instead of dmg them.
and u cant exploit the game, since its not a mmo.

Shame..

nordhbane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 11:33:39 AM »
It is an MMO, and you could exploit it since it's basically a maphack if you can move around the camera and look up where chests and such are.

UnitDC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:50:04 PM »
It is an MMO, and you could exploit it since it's basically a maphack if you can move around the camera and look up where chests and such are.

World of Warcraft is an MMO as well, and using the camera to attempt to "look ahead" wouldn't work, seeing as only things located in the vicinity of your character are visible and loaded.

I'd imagine the same would be with Diablo 3 as well. The dev team is just being absolutely foolish about this.

Kanro

• Community Admin
  • Administrator
  • When in doubt, duct tape
    • View Profile
    • Photography Showcase
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »
There are ways in Diablo III to force the game to think you are ahead of your actual position while flying around with DMT.
Even though this is not in our tool, the blizzard developers are more aggressive towards the exploiting and looking ahead in Diablo 3.

This is because looking ahead can be really valuable. In WoW, there is no big benefit of looking beyond what you should be seeing.
Be glad that we are being very careful with these kind of things. To date, there has be no one that got banned for using WMT.
This alone is because Malu knows exactly what not to do, avoiding possible exploiting
Please do not PM me with questions, post them on the forum! More people will be able to enjoy answers there.

mctusk

• View Profile
    • mctusk.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 06:47:30 AM »
Ok. I spend a week editing some videos and all i need to finish was this tool. I thought "well, i will keep editing while they don't update" and now that i entered to download i see this notice. Very sad, with this tool my video could be awesome.

Thanks for trying.